Described in the following is how I set my windows system to use TeX Live 2010 and cwTeX 3.4.
- I usually install texlive in a drive different from the system drive. Let's say, f:\texlive\2010 is the place for texlive system.
- Download cwtex.zip from here.
- Unzip cwtex.zip, put the content in f:\texlive. So you will have a directory f:\texlive\cwtex.
- Create the directory C:\Program files\cwtex and move the bin subdirectory in f:\texlive\cwtex to there. Leave everything else untouched at the moment. So you will see C:\Program files\cwtex\bin. The executable files of cwTeX 3.4 will not work if they are not there.
- Add C:\Program files\cwtex\bin to the system path.
- If you don't have it, create the file f:\texlive\2010\texmf.cnfand here is the contents:
OSFONTDIR = $SystemRoot/fonts// TEXMFHOME = $SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf TEXMFVAR = $SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-var TEXMFCONFIG = $SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-config TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-local;$SELFAUTOPARENT/../cwtex
- Also, move the subdirectory cwtex of f:\texlive\cwtex\dvips to f:\texlive\cwtex\fonts. So you will have f:\texlive\cwtex\fonts\cwtex
- Create the directory f:\texlive\texmf-local\web2c
- Create the file f:\texlive\texmf-local\web2c\updmap-local.cfg and here is the contents:
# cwtex Map cwtex.map Map cwtex1.map Map cwtex2.map
- Now open a command prompt window and issue the following commands one by one:
texhash tlmgr -v generate updmap --localcfg f:\texlive\texmf-local\web2c\updmap-local.cfg updmap-sys